These omelette muffins are easy and delicious! I like to make them on a Sunday for breakfast, refrigerate the leftovers, and then I’ve got some breakfast ready to heat up quickly throughout the week.
Omelette Muffins (makes 9-10 muffins)
- 1/2 pound breakfast sausage
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 8 large eggs
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
To make it…
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Coat muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, cook and crumble the sausage until mostly browned. Add the onion and bell pepper. Continue cooking until sausage is cooked through and onion is soft. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, crack the eggs. Add the salt and chili powder. Whisk until combined. Stir in the cheddar cheese.
- Add the sausage mixture to the egg mixture.
- Scoop the mixture into muffin cups using a 1/3-cup measuring scoop.
- Bake for about 25 minutes until puffy and set.
- Serve warm.