Avocado toast is something that you can whip up quickly. It comes together easily and there’s a decent change that you’ll have the ingredients already. It’s also quite satisfying for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or even a snack. This Egg-In-A-Hole Avocado Toast will completely elevate your avocado toast and make it quite satisfying.
One of my favorite things about avocado toast is the versatility that you have with your toppings. The same is true for egg-in-a-hole avocado toast. The possibilities are almost endless for what you can put on your avocado toast. Some of my favorite toppings are cheese, sliced tomatoes, salsa, crumbled bacon, and mushrooms.
Egg-In-A-Hole Avocado Toast
- 2 slices bread
- 2 eggs
- 1 avocado pit and skin removed, sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- optional toppings: cheese, tomatoes, pico de gallo, crumbled bacon, etc…
- Cut a hole in the center of the bread using a biscuit cutter (or the rim of a glass).
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil.
- Once the olive oil has warmed up, add the bread. Toast each side of bread for about 30 seconds. Leave bread in the skillet.
- Crack the egg into the hole in the center of the bread. Cook until the egg is set on the bottom, about 1 minute. Flip the toast and cook until the egg is set through, about 1 more minute.
- Remove from skillet. Top with sliced avocado and any additional desired toppings.
Want more recipe inspiration? Click here to sign up for Friendly Nutrition’s newsletter for more yummy goodness!