Egg bites have been my go-to breakfast for awhile now. After creating the smoothie recipe book, I needed a smoothie break. I still love smoothies and know that I’ll go back to smoothies sometime but right now, it’s bacon cheddar broccoli egg bites.
You can make these at the beginning of the week and have a quick, easy breakfast for each morning. They only take a couple of minutes to heat up in the microwave. They are also a great source of protein, vitamin B12, vitamin D, and choline.
Bacon Cheddar Broccoli Egg Bites
- 1 muffin pan
- 1 large mixing bowl
- 1 whisk
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 slices cooked, crumbled bacon
- 1/2 cup chopped broccoli, fresh or frozen
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Prepare a muffin pan by spraying with non-stick cooking oil or lining with muffin liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk eggs until the yolks and whites are thoroughly combined.
- Add cheese, bacon, and broccoli. Stir to combine.
- Evenly distribute egg mixture amongst the muffin wells. (I used a 1/4 cup measuring cup for this.)
- Bake at 350F for 20-30 minutes until egg bites are set.