Tilapia with Salsa Verde & Farro Salad
- 12 oz Tilapia about 2 fillets
- 1/2 tsp Cajun Seasoning
- 1 Lemon
- 1/4 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 cup Semi-Pearled Farro
- 2 Zucchini chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp Golden Raisins
- 1 Red Onion halved, peeled, and thinly sliced
- 1 oz Green Olives about 4; pitted and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup Salsa Verde
- Place the raisins in a small bowl. Cover with hot water. Set aside and let rehydrate for at least 10 minutes.
- Using a zester, finely grate the lemon to get 1 teaspoon of lemon zest. Quarter the remaining lemon.
- Fill a medium pot 3/4 of the way with salted water. Heat to boiling. Once boiling, add the farro. Cook, uncovered for 20 minutes. Once farro is cooked, turn off the heat. Drain thoroughly and return to the pot. Cover to keep warm.
- Heat a medium non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Add a drizzle of olive oil and heat. Add the sliced onion. Cook, stirring occasionally for 4 – 5 minutes, or until slightly softened. Add the zucchini, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Cook, stirring occasionally for 5 – 7 minutes, or until the vegetables are slightly browned and softened. Turn off the heat. Add the raisins and olives. Stir to combine. Transfer vegetables to a bowl and cover with foil to keep warm. Rinse and wipe out the pan.
- Pat the fish dry. Season both sides with salt, pepper, and cajun seasoning. In the pan, heat a drizzle of olive oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add the fish to the pan. Cook 8 – 10 minutes or until fish reaches an internal temperature of 145F, flipping the fish halfway through.
- Add the vegetables, lemon zest, and juice of 2 lemon wedges to the farro. Stir to combine.
- Serve the farro and vegetables topped with the fish. Drizzle with salsa verde. Serve with the remaining lemon wedges. Enjoy!
Instead of farro, rice or couscous or quinoa could be used. Recipe adapted from Blue Apron.