I’ve been in a meal planning rut and I had to give myself A LOT of grace and compassion because of this. Meal planning is my thing. I generally love meal planning. I love helping people meal plan. But, and this is a very big BUT, everybody needs a break and right now, I need a break. So, we’re doing some meal from Blue Apron this week!
- Wakey Monkey Smoothie (recipe coming to you this week)
I found this smoothie in a cute little café in Saluda, NC. The café is called Wakey Monkey. The smoothie is so good that I’ve recreated it at home and it’ll be breakfast all week! I’ll also be posting the recipe for you!
- LA Chop Salad (from What’s Gaby Cooking: Eat What You Want)
The dressing for this salad is fantastic. I’ve started making some modifications to it so I’ll share my version when I’ve got it to my liking.
- Open Faced Tuna Melt Sandwich (recipe can be found here)
This was surprisingly satisfying. I paired it with some fruit.
- Spicy Pork Sausage Pasta (from Blue Apron)
This was pretty good. I did add some marinara sauce because I felt that it needed some.
- Calabrian Beef & Gnocchi (from Blue Apron)
I’m not sure if I like gnocchi!
- Breakfast for Dinner – French Toast (recipe can be found here), Scrambled Eggs, Fruit
Breakfast for Dinner is a go-to around here and it can be something different every time. This time, I wanted French Toast. I took the recipe from Pioneer Woman and cut it in half.
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos (recipe can be found here)
I made some modifications to the tacos toppings using some things that I had on hand – romaine lettuce instead of red cabbage, guacamole instead of avocado, salsa, sour cream, and cheese. I also used flour tortillas instead on corn tortillas because I prefer flour tortillas. These tacos also made their way into the lunch rotation for the week since there were some leftovers.
- Trail Mix
I don’t like almonds. So I replace them with pistachios!