Fall is here. This means that all things pumpkin are necessary. These Pumpkin Protein Muffins with Chocolate Chips make a great breakfast, snack, treat…they’re just yummy!
Pumpkin Protein Muffins with Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 heaping cup of pumpkin puree
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 scoops protein powder (vanilla or chai flavored)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
To Make It
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Prepare a 12-cup muffin pan by lining with muffin liners or spraying with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add the oats to a blender or food process and process into a fine powder.
- In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin. yogurt, eggs, protein powder, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, baking powder, and baking soda. Mix well. Add rolled oats powder. Mix well. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Distribute mixture into muffin pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the muffins comes out clean.
Recipe adapted from eat the gains.